My Blog List

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Friends.....How Many of Us Have Them

Lately, Ive been thinking about the people that are in my life, and the dynamic of the relationships. Who I consider a friend, why I consider them such and who falls in that aquaintance/wishy washy category (i like to call them my bar friends...because 9 time out of 10, ill only have a drink or two with them at the bar....on weekends...every other blue moon.) I consider myself a likable and friendly person, so I really think I could build a friendship with just about anyone, as long as they value their relationships the way that I do. But it completely boggles my mind to witness so many individuals who dont value the relationships they have built.


Growing up I had a serious issue with people not liking who I was. Saying negative things about me, when I never was that type to do the same. My mother had multiple sit-down conversations with me to try and get me to realize that everyone was not my friend. Took awhile for me to really grasp that, but after coming across an array of different type of individuals I'm okay with having my few number of genuine friends. Contrary to popular belief, the saying "birds of a feather flock together" isnt completely true. Most people think that friendships are usually built off of common interests but I can honestly say, for the most part, my closest friends and I are actually quite different. Not only are our interests different, but we dont even necessarily have the same opinion on sky full of different topics. One thing I can say, we may be different individuals....like completely different almost, but the one common factor that makes things awesome is the fact that we all value one another the same. We take pride in claiming one another as family (in my book, if I can consider you a friend, then you might as well be my family).

I'm sure many people are reading this post wondering why I decided to share that little bit of info because it might almost seem random or pointless. Guess I just want everyone to be aware of the company they keep and the people they might consider as friends. Every relationship has its ups and downs but if there's ever a moment when you have to wonder what someones intentions are for being in your life, then maybe you should reevaluate that situation. #Subliminal on so many levels....but not to anyone in particular.

Just want my friends to know how much I Love and Value them. You are all really one in a million :)
Have a blessed day

No comments:

Post a Comment