My Blog List

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Dried Rivers

We dream of moving on more than we dream of holding on. In the midst of breaking down, counting tears and learning that hurt only hurts as long as you allow it... I wrote this in 5 minutes. 

I held onto you.
Fought for what laughs around me and the smiles you gave me made me dream to be true.
To come to light.
I defended your love and bended the dreams I had while believing that you'd eventually fight for what you loved.
Hugs occassionally. Kisses not frequent enough. Touches of silk became rough.
To begin fights, questioning actions of spite and fathoming what shouldn't have been seeded.
Bleeding tears of blue rivers from thoughts of what could be or what had been us. Struck dumb fucked from reality when your actions spoke louder than any of your bitches could have.
How dare you. 
Let words of passion become have beens and what could ofs as they became poison.
Despise is too deep. So before I let the ink from this pen seep into my eyes as these blue rivers fall again to be inhaled back into my heart: good night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment