My Blog List

Monday, October 7, 2013

Digging

As time passes and hearts heal.... I'm reminded of the fragile state of happiness. I search for quiet places that good memories can come to surface, smiles can be remembered and curve the lips upward... If only for a short time. Swinging. Sitting in this tree swing with only the sound of a nearby cricket and the clicking of my keyboard as I type, I remember how loud silence can actually be. It's only so long reality of things we wished were only fiction can be pushed far enough back to never come to surface. If only we could program our minds to remember all the good and trash the bad. Never to think twice again about decisions we could've made differently, the regrets we say to the public we don't regret but in fact wish we could go back and change. I'm digging again. Digging for a happy place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment