My Blog List

Monday, October 1, 2012

Can I live?

Deciding my next move has been quite the challenge.



You know, ideally, we go to college, graduate and hopefully receive some sort of job offer that we feel is good enough for what we've been told we should expect and deserve...and start a family and all that jazz. It's been a little over a year since I've graduated and it seems as though my eyes are just now opening up to the reality of things. That career I felt I was entitled to (along with a number of people I graduated with) has yet to come. But even though I'm not in societies "ideal" situation, I'm happy. A little stressed and confused about this relocation that's about to take place, but nonetheless, happy! 6 years ago when I was in my Senior year of high school I might have told any of you that I'd be half way through med school, married by now...or at least engaged, looking forward to baby #1 in the next couple of years. HA! I cant even imagine. lol smh. As I look at the situation (situation being my life).... that's so not me anymore. Not to say I don't want that for myself at some point in my life, but right now? No way. Apparently, there were some classes I missed out on in college or I missed out on the memo about this whole marriage and baby thing. I'm out here holding my breath in fear that it's all in the air 0_o. EVERYONE is getting hitched and starting families. Now, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, because there's absolutely nothing wrong. I guess...I'm just not there? lol. I feel like the kid in class that was a little slower than the rest with maturing *shrugs*





I know what I want out of life. But at this very moment, where do I want to be? I cant answer that question. I thought the position I just resigned from was it but it wasn't. And I wish people would stop asking. This is my life. My decisions don't/ aren't effecting anyone the last time I checked. And...I'm happy :) So, on that note, I'll continue to be the bridesmaid...however, I will scream if I have to buy another dress in the next year. And I'll continue being "Auntie Jocelyn" loving all my beautiful God-kids, living vicariously through all the people around me from afar (I hear baby fever is real), with my suitcase packed and a glass of wine in hand. 


Oh and wish me luck on the adventure I'm starting. This should be extremely fun, entertaining, and....interesting to say the least. I'll be sure to update posts on my next location.






Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment