My Blog List

Friday, February 3, 2012

God's Favor

A coworker of mine (also a good friend since I was about 14) and I have amazing talks every morning before we start our day. She's an amazing woman of God and I admire her in ways I don't think she even knows. This morning we had a great talk about God's favor and she showed me a different way of looking at the things I have been battling with eternally.



"When you are favored by God you are that light and seemingly special person to most . However, favor is unfair. And though most would love to have that “it’ factor as you do, it becomes a form of jealousy if they do not have a healthy image of themselves in Christ. I am recently learning that most people will not like you. As a child of God living in a world mostly ruled by those under satan’s power, I have learned to accept the fact that I am peculiar and this is why I will  most likely not be accepted by many. In fact, if you are liked by everyone then you may not be as potent of a Christian as you think. I constantly remind myself that I am content being an audience of one and I am of no reputation. Meaning, I can careless what people think of me. Jesus was the Messiah and many hated Him; so what makes you think you are that special to not experience that same treatment. One factor many followers of Christ ignore is that if you live for Him YOU WILL BE PERSECUTED!! If you stand firm in your relationship with God, He will give you the opportunity daily to purify yourself of the things that are in your character that are not of Him. This doesn’t mean you should not accept constructive criticism from other believers in the body of Christ, because those who hate correction are fools. But don’t change who you are to be accepted by the world. Know who you are and who you are in Christ and live to fulfill His purpose for you."

Be not conformed to the world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind daily. -Romans 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment